SIRIUS PLÖSSL 40MM (1,25")
* This 40mm eyepiece is ideal for all types of telescopes: reflector, refractor, and catadioptric
* Offers a 52 degree apparent field of view for clear, sharp images of impressively high contrast
* Fully coated with magnesium fluoride on every air-to-glass surface
* Superb for high-power planetary and lunar observation
* One-year limited warranty
It's no surprise that the eyepieces in Sirius Plossl line are best-selling eyepieces. Quality this good usually costs a lot more.
Offering a wide 52° apparent field of view, this Sirius Plossl eyepiece provides extremely sharp images of impressively high contrast. It's ideal for all types of telescopes: reflector, refractor, and catadioptric. The Plossl 4-element design is renowned for its outstanding performance, and has become the standard by which all other eyepieces are judged.
FULLY ANTIREFLECTON COATED
The Sirius Plossl optical system is fully coated with magnesium fluoride on every air-to-glass surface. Lens edges are blackened to reduce scattering of stray light and maximize contrast.
The lenses are mounted in black-anodized aluminium housings with a 1.25"-diameter chrome-plated brass barrel for durability and precision fit. The barrel is internally threaded to accept standard filters. The built-in rubber eyeguard enhances viewing by helping to block out ambient light and position the eye.
This 40mm eyepiece yields the largest-possible field of view in a 1.25" barrel. It's superb for wide-field scanning and detailed observations of large diffuse subjects. Largest exit pupil and highest possible brightness.